FREE Canadian Consuling Agreement (Long Form)
A Free Canadian Consulting Agreement that is used when a company wishes to engage the consultant and the consultant agrees to perform the services as agreed between both the parties.
Disclaimer:This was not drafted by a attorney & should not be used as a legal document.
This Consultancy Agreement ("Agreement") is made on this [Date] by and between:
Mr. [Name], having his business registered address at [Address] hereinafter referred as the Consultant;
[Company], existing under the laws of [Province], having its registered office at [Address], hereinafter referred as the Company.
The Consultant and the Company shall be individually referred as the Party and collectively as the Parties.
The Company wishes to engage the Consultant and the Consultant agrees to perform the services as agreed between both the parties. Now therefore, based on mutual covenants, the parties agrees as follows:
1. Services: The Consultant agrees to perform the services and provide the deliverables set out in Annexure-A to this Agreement (the "Services"). All Attachments referred to herein are made an integral part of this Agreement.
2. Term: This Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and shall continue thereafter for _____ year, unless terminated earlier as provided herein (the "Term").
3. Time of Performance: The Consultant agrees that the Services shall commence on [Date of Commencement] and shall continue until [Date of completion].
4. Compensation: As full consideration for performance of the Services, the Company shall pay the Consultant CAD $[amount]. While performing the Services, the Consultant shall be entitled to be reimbursed reasonably. The Consultant shall submit an invoice requesting proper payment
5. Invoicing: The Consultant shall submit an invoice to the Company for the Services upon completion of the Services as described in Attachment A. Each invoice shall contain the details regarding the services performed, the amount payable, the number of days worked, list all recoverable expenses. The Company agree to pay the Consultant within 30 days after receipt of the invoice.
6. Tax: It shall be the responsibility of the Consultant to ensure compliance with all applicable tax laws in the country of domicile. The Company shall be in no way responsible for any tax related issues.
7. Confidentiality: The Consultant shall not, during the term of this Agreement and within [number of years] years after its termination or expiration, disclose any proprietary or confidential information relating to the Services or the Company.
8. Ownership of Material: It is agreed and understood by the Consultant that any reports or other material, graphic, software or otherwise, prepared by the Consultant for the Company under this Agreement shall belong to and remain the property of the Company.
10. Expenses: The Company shall, within a reasonable time after the incurrence of the same, reimburse the Consultant for any reasonable and ordinary business expenses incurred by him in performance of his duties hereunder.
11. Relation of Parties: It is the intention of the parties hereto that Consultant shall have the status of an independent contractor.
12. Termination: The Company or the Consultant at the end of any calendar month, with no further Consulting Fees payable for the months following such cancellation, may terminate this Agreement. This Agreement shall automatically terminate upon the death or disability of Consultant.
13. Law Governing Contract: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of [Province] and the laws of Canada applicable thereto.
14. Dispute Resolution: Any dispute arising out of the Agreement, which cannot be amicably settled between the parties, shall be referred to arbitration by a single arbitrator in [State] in accordance with the International Commercial Arbitration Act (Province).
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Consultant has hereunto set his hand, and the Company has caused these presents to be executed in its name and on its behalf, all as of the day and year first above written.
Its: Duly Authorized Representative